Bruce Hartley;344720 Wrote:
> Just got myself a squeezebox controller and this question has occurred
> to me again.
> How easy is it to get Squeezecenter to control my Denon Reciver using
> it's telnet interface ?

With the SBC/SBR this would be hard.

The SBR has no way to interface with the receiver so you'd have to do
it through the SBC.  The SBC has an IR out port, currently only working
in a test mode.  You'd have to write code for every AVR function via
IR.

The SBC does have USB (?) access via the connector at the bottom but
all the software would have to be written and a custom dock with the
appropriate connector would have to be developed.

The SB Classic has an IR out port (the headphone socket) and the IR
Blaster plugin would allow you to control the receiver with no further
programming needed.  The Transporter also has an IR out port as well as
an RS-232 port.

It might be easier to get SqueezeCenter to send CLI commands to the
software controlling the receiver, but again, this functionality would
all have to be written.

--
Mark Lanctot

"Make it so it doesn't suck" is a good design target, but hard to
implement - Michael Herger