I first heard of SlimDevices from a Slashdot article about Sean building
the first units in his garage. The old website and photos are available
through the Way Back Machine
(http://web.archive.org/web/20010922131911/http://www.slimdevices.com/).
Thats back in September 2001, and wanted a SliMP3 ever since.

I'd been a mailing list subscriber for years before buying nay
equipment, I remember I used to read all the CVS checkins to see what
new cool features were being worked on. I could never justify the cost
though, but ever iteration of the hardware got more and more exciting.

The SB2 I thought was killer. Full software decoder, decent DAC, full
802.11g, sounded just the device for me. I think I was just about to
buy a SB2 when the SB3 was released. I can't remember if i was a forum
member by that point of still on the mailing lists (i think it was
still the lists) and found out about the SB3 through checkins for new
graphics that appeared just before the announcement.

After that it was pretty inevitable, I wanted one of these things
pretty bad. Got a deal from a re-seller for two so ended up with one in
the living room and one in the bedroom. The bedroom unit is still where
it's been since, connected to a set of HarmonKardon SoundStick IIs. The
Livingroom unit took a brief break when I was sent a Reciever for being
part of the Controller beta testing, I missed the screen though. It's
now been replaced permenantly by the Boom, which I totally love. That
SB3 is now at my parents place though so still going.

I've also bought a SliMP3 and a silver SB2, would quite like a SB1 and
SB1G (and of course a transporter) to round of my collection though :)

--
funkstar