ericplan;350914 Wrote:
> ...I dislike remotes in general*. There are always issues with battery
> life and robustness. And in this case (Squeezebox 3 or Duet) you loose
> control when the remote fails.

I have to admit that these seem like bizarre comments to me:

(1) Battery life: the SB3 remote runs through a set of batteries like
once every two years or so?  Hardly qualifies as "always issues".

(2) Robustness: I drop mine all the time and the worst thing that
happens is the batteries fly out.  Again, hardly a problem.  If you run
over it with your car, you can always order another one, which brings me
to...

(3) You can control your SB from any computer with internet access.
This includes an iPhone, PDA, laptop, etc.  You can also use a
universal remote, or a JVC remote.  Frankly, you can use pretty much
any remote you want (with a little extra effort because you would have
to write down the codes).

These are non-issues IMO.  The SB is much more flexible in this regard
than any other piece of electronics I own.

--
lanierb