JJZolx;351659 Wrote:
> It's Contributors, although it gloms together both the album artist and
> track artist, that may be the best you can do.  Seems to be the same
> thing that the default skin displays in the now playing window.
>
> I'll post the template later tonight when I get home.  You might need
> to adjust the font size depending on the size of the display, but
> that's easy to do.
>
> One thing I was thinking would be nice to add was an "Up Next" section
> at the bottom, with smaller artwork and text.
>
> Today I was looking at little Linux computers to implement this thing.
> Here's one that runs Firefox and has built in WIFI.  Probably total
> overkill for this application - someone in another of the SD forums
> even wondered if it would make a good server.  If size isn't an issue
> there are probably cheaper options.  Then just pick up an old LCD
> monitor off of Craigslist and you're in business.
>
> http://www.cherrypal.com/

I found a really cool mini-ITX system complete with DSL (Damn Small
Linux) that I'm thinking of using.  It is fanless system that I'm going
to attach a solid state drive to.  No noise.  Here's the link:

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/store/Mini_ITX_Systems/533MHz_fanless_Mini_ITX_PC

I have an old LCD monitor already. It's kind of beat up but still works
good. I was planning to rip it apart and build some sort of neat
enclosure like a picture frame and put it on the wall and have the
small ITX box on the floor behind the couch -- out of sight.  It may be
overkill but then again so is a cheap laptop that you would have noise
and, possibly, overheating issues with.

I'd appreciate a template post.  I sort of got my prototype to work.
Just need some more tweaking of the HTML.

The idea of the "Up Next" sounds really cool.  I did figure out that
the "Contributors" is the Artist.  Tried that right after I posted.

Here's an attachment:  (Sorry for the poor quality)

|Filename: Demo.jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6084|

starfleetcommand