Matt

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 03:23, Matt Alioto wrote:
> How about using my selection option and have the selection default to
> the last Playlist you "sent to", Or to a predefined configurable default
> "send to" playlist?  Would that be more acceptable?

that would make more sense.

> Maybe a dual function key?
> Press once fast and it automatically adds to a predefined default "send
> to" playlist or the last you "sent to".
> Press and hold brings up a selection option.

this would work if there was a button on the remote that wasn't currently
being used (as you need both the single click and the press + hold
functionality).

> Perhaps a plugin to disable the +/zapped function and replace it with
> the "send to" function so it's a bit intuitive.

that would also make sense.

Q. the zapped functionality currently removes the track from the current
playlist.  would you envisage the plugin moving the track or copying it to
the new playlist?

You could have something like:-

- press and hold ADD brings up list of playlists defaulting to last selected
playlist (which would be zapped playlist on first invocation).

- use up and down to select saved playlists + zapped playlist + create new
playlist.

- press ADD again to copy the track to the selected playlist.  If the selected
playlist was zapped then move instead of copy.

Would it then jump to the end of the currently auditioned track or would it
continue playing it?  My gut reaction is to continue playing because it is
easy to jump forwards with the FF button if you need to, but you might want
to add it to several playlists (by repeating the above steps) or you may be
building playlists in a situation when other people are listening to the now
playing tunes and having it jumping around automatically would get annoying.

Alex