Matt

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 16:02, Matt Alioto wrote:
> > Would it then jump to the end of the currently auditioned track or
> would
> > it
> > continue playing it?  My gut reaction is to continue playing because
> it is
> > easy to jump forwards with the FF button if you need to, but you might
> > want
> > to add it to several playlists (by repeating the above steps) or you
> may
> > be
> > building playlists in a situation when other people are listening to
> the
> > now
> > playing tunes and having it jumping around automatically would get
> > annoying.
>
> Alex

> Send slipped.
> What I meant to say...
>
> Yes I agree the song should continue playing and I like including the
> zapped playlist as an option so not to sacrifice functionality.  Agreed
> on move to zapped and copy to all others.
>
> I think we might have the beginning of something here.
> I'm new to asking for plugins/enhancments so I'm not sure what to do
> from here.  File an enhancment request? not sure if this qualifies as an
> enhancment.  Send specs and a gift basket to kdf? Secret ballot?
> I sure don't have the skills to do this.

I think that the first thing to find out from someone with architectural
knowledge of slim server is whether or not the point at which we want to bind
in functionality is an existing plugin point or if it would need to be an
extension to the core functionality.

If it is a plugin point then we can look at playing around with implementing
it ourselves without stepping on anyone's toes - if people don't like it then
they don't have to use it.  However, if it requires changes to the core
structure then I would imagine that people would need to bounce around the
ideas a bit more before anyone dived in and got their hands dirty.

I don't have a lot of perl experience, but have worked as a java developer for
the last 6 years so would be willing to have a play around with the codebase,
but am very busy for at least the next week (in a fashion that involves the
scottish highlands and no computers) so I wouldn't be able to look at
anything in the immediate future.

> Also very much in agreement that this thread needs a new name.

ditto.  have tried to change it again... :-)

<snip>

Alex