m1abrams;363705 Wrote:
> So I got to play with iPeng when I got home.  Very nice.  I actually
> like using it over a full web browser ;).
>
> I did have one issue and that was it could not find my server.  I keyed
> in the IP and it found it connected fine.  I then deleted the server
> from ipeng and it was then able to find the server.  Note I did launch
> the app from work when I first installed it and of course it would not
> find any server on that network, maybe it decided not to search again
> when I got home.

Actually there is one issue for which that "forget server" option in
the settings is made.
If you connect iPeng to a server and then move to another environment
where the IP address of that server is actually valid, but there is no
SqueezeCenter on that address, iPeng will not connect to another
server.
The reason for this behavior is, that I found out that talking to the
server during the startup sequence causes a delay of up to 5s which is
not acceptable for an iPhone app, so I just check whether the IP is
valid.

However, your server should still show up under the player and server
list on the MultiPlayer control where you can select it.

If you turn that "forget server" option on, iPeng will always look for
a server from scratch when starting up, which in a WiFi environment
will take below one secons, but can make you connect to the wrong
server by default when you have more than one server. That's why it is
disabled by default.

> Oh forgot to put my request in for future features.  Support for the
> wonderful, Biography and Album Review plugins.

Of course...

--
pippin

---