Steve - thanks for that advice. I tried clearing the music folder in
squeezecentre blank and then "cleared the library and rescanned
everything". It then showed MusicIP Import in the scan progress window,
which appeared to import all the files as before, but with the v
exciting development that the M logo was clearly visible next to the
play button on songs in SqueezeCentre, and also on my Transporter.  I
got very excited, only to find the transporter then would not play any
songs.  If I press play, it just scrolls rapidly though all the sounds
on an album and then stops.

Almost as if the library record is there but the files are missing, so
nothing to play.

Did you ever find this happen?  Should I restore the music folder path
in squeezecentre after rescanning/importing the library from MiP?

--
wreford