results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55712
Question: Is there a gap in Logitech's web site?

- Good questions
- Not interested
- Boring
- Bad/stupid questions

amcluesent;364942 Wrote:
> >By the way, file format is the usual Apple file format when you
> download from Apple<
>
> From the iTunes Store? If so, the music will have Apple's Digital
> rights Managament (DRM) applied, so can only be played through Apple
> equipment.
>
> You may do better with Apple's Airport express and Airtunes if you've
> already bought into Apple's kit with Ipods etc. Or maybe AppleTV to
> hook up to your TV.
>
> >is it really possible to make the Z5500 (which costs $500) a "saintly
> audio system" by using the Transporter?<
>
> No.

Clue:

I know the Z5500 is not going to turn into the movie theater around the
corner here,  just from the Transporter.  But hope springs eternal!
I've put a lot of my disks into ITUNES myself, so I'm not sure it is a
problem.  However, I've downloaded a lot too.  How will Apple know that
my ITUNES library is being read off of a router by Duet?  If that is the
case, then I'll create new Internet playlists off of using Rhapsody or
the other station.  I cannot go down the road with Apple any more.
They have sold me too much hogwash in trying to leverage off of the
IPOD.  In fact, they have sold me 3 different generations of IPODs, and
I Phone (that they said had a DAC) and a Touch POD or something of the
short.

Now, if the Duet does not SOUND BETTER TO ME, then maybe I'll go back
and look at Apple.  But if the Duet gives me the sound, then it is
obviously the source and my computer is a darn good source and I've
spent a bundle on it.

Thanks a lot for your post.  I'll let you know how much trouble I get
in when the Duet arrives.

--
Mitchell J. Stein