Re. Other Players plugin: alas, though its interface hasn't changed,
what goes on underneath has: syncing from A to C unsyncs A from B, and
loads C's playlist into A. Obviously it still pushes the same buttons,
but SC has changed what the buttons do :-( . So multiplayer syncs are
still no easier.

The "zones" proposal suggested here sounds pretty similar to what can
be done with The Synchronizer now, though that still has to designate
one player as the master. I guess that if the Controller said "Whole
House" rather than "Living Room" then I'd stand a better chance of not
disturbing SMBO's early night :-)  However, I almost always want to
control the individual players' volumes separately, and it's harder to
see how that would fit into the interface model; if the Controller's
set to House, then how could I turn down in just the living room?  I do
like the idea of a quick way to adjust the volume of a different
player.

A common situation for me is that I start playing stuff, and then
realise that I want it to play elsewhere in the house too. So I really
want a mid-track sync with multiple players that definitely works in
the direction I expect (and doesn't suddenly change direction between
upgrades, please).  Of course, this is possible in 7.3, just a bit more
tedious than it was before; and unlike before, crossfade now works (if
anything, getting it to stop working is the trick!)

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie