I kind of had a stab at this before. see..
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=52806

I have my library set up, but i'd also like to be able to play the odd
random mp3 from my laptop. This MP3 may not have correct id3 tags or
may just be junk i don't want messing up my library.

I could easiy write a windows shell extension / applet which could
temporarily place the mp3 on squeeze center machine then make the
appropriate web/cli call to play it, but this would cause the track to
be indexed and added to the library.

Somone suggested changing squeeze center so that the 'playlists' folder
wasn't indexed but sadly this hasn't been done :(

--
aevans