ThomP;380559 Wrote:
> You could use a mass-tagging program to add a pseudo
> artist/album/albumartist to those files allowing you to isolate them.
> Of course this would destroy any existing tags...

I tried this approach (using fauxe entries for the album artist (or
"band") tag as well as the album tag).

Problem is, the artist name isn't shown when browsing the collection,
only the track title. Artist name is shown in "now playing" as well as
in current playlist, but not when browsing, so it makes it hard to find
music. (One dirty fix to this is to remove the artist and/or title tags,
which makes Squeezecenter show the filename when browsing. But then the
track won't be scrobbled to last.fm.)

This is a problem I've had with all music software with a library
function. I'm an album guy. I want my library to focus on albums. But I
do have a few gigabytes of misc music that are single tracks that I want
to be able to listen to, but not mix with my album collection. On the
computer I've got by by excluding the single tracks from the library
and just adding them from a file manager to the playlist when needed.
In the Squeezebox universe this is obviously not possible. So I'm with
the OP, I'm missing a proper solution for this.

--
Kvaks