mphearn;380446 Wrote:
> Is it possible to configure my SB3 so that it will play music (mp3) from
> my hard disk which is not in the SqueezeCenter library?
>
> I use the SB3 normally to play music from my SqueezeCenter library. I
> do, however, have a lot of mp3 files which I do not wish to include in
> the SqueezeCenter library but nevertheless want to play through the
> SB3.
>
> How can this be done? It can be achieved using a Sony PS3 via the
> Windows Media Player library but I would much prefer to use the SB3
> instead of the PS3 so that I do not have to have the TV switched on!

Have you looked into Erland's Multi Library plugin? I don't use that
one, but I think it does pretty much what you want.

Another idea is to try enabling the option to look for UPnP servers and
see if it lets you play your Windows Media library. I never had any luck
getting it to reliably play from a different UPnP server, but maybe WMC
works better. It's under Settings > Advanced > Network if you want to
try it.

--
MeSue

Sue