mikes;394826 Wrote:
> Not sure as I did not use the plugin.
>
> I guess I am thinking the UI part is all that is needed.  I just tested
> the fact that I can lower the volume by sliding the volume control to
> the left and then if I slide it back to right before it has a chance to
> reset the UI in the iPeng to show the volume at 100%, I can actually
> start to increase the volume back some.  Of course this does not allow
> me to increase the volume above where I started from originally, but I
> think it proves that from iPeng I can control the volume in both
> directions through the IRBlaster.  Hence why I think the enhancement
> needed for IRBlaster users is just a way in the UI to still increase
> the volume even though the SB3 thinks the volume is 100%.
>
> I hope that makes sense.
>
> Thanks.
The problem is: iPeng's slider doesn't send "volume up" or "volume
down" commands, it sends "mixer volume xxx" with xxx being the absolute
volume figure to set the volume to. The plugin then determine what kind
of change that is and generates the internal commands accordingly.
What I tried in the plugin was to send IR-Key commands for "Volume Up"
and "Volume Down" as an alternate UI. This is something I could do in
iPeng (app), too, but it seems this didn't work.
I don't have IR blaster or a remote controllable amp so I cannot test
this.

--
pippin

---