pippin;394873 Wrote:
> The problem is: iPeng's slider doesn't send "volume up" or "volume down"
> commands, it sends "mixer volume xxx" with xxx being the absolute volume
> figure to set the volume to. The plugin then determine what kind of
> change that is and generates the internal commands accordingly.
> What I tried in the plugin was to send IR-Key commands for "Volume Up"
> and "Volume Down" as an alternate UI. This is something I could do in
> iPeng (app), too, but it seems this didn't work.
> I don't have IR blaster or a remote controllable amp so I cannot test
> this.

Sorry I may be confused about what is technically happening.  I was
just trying to describe functionally what I observed when using the
iPeng App.  I don't have the plugin installed.  When I was referring to
VolumeUp and VolumeDown, I can actually see on the display of my PreAmp
a visual confirmation that it is receiving via the IR port a VolumeUp
or VolumeDown command (in addition to actually hearing the change).

So however it is that you are accomplishing this today, the IR commands
make it to my PreAmp, I just have no way from the iPeng App to increase
the volume because the volume slider is always at 100% unless I slide
it to the left at which point the volume on my PreAmp goes down and
then is a second or two the iPeng App volume slider will reset to
display 100% (I assume because the volume on the SB3 is fixed at
100%).

On the default web interface, there is a button labeled "louder" to the
right of the volume indicator.  When I click that it sends the IR
command to increase my volume even though the SB3 is at 100% (same
thing happens with the SBC).  Is there a way technically you can do the
same thing as the louder button on the web interface and implement it in
the idea you already have for the iPeng App UI?  Sorry if I am over
simplifying the situation. Based on what I have observed, it just seems
like everything would work fine if there was a UI mechanism to increase
the volume when the SB3 (and iPeng App display) is at 100%.

Thanks for considering this as I really like the iPeng App. I am still
using it for the other SB's in the house that are connected directly to
amps.  However in the main living room where we listen the most it is
limited today by not being able to increase the volume and I instead go
back to the SBC there.

--
mikes