Thanks all for the comments.  I am definitely not suggesting Pippin
butcher the iPeng, but I was thinking of a sister application for AV
remotes. As for why anyone should want such a thing - I have 8 remotes
in my AV room, one of which is always lost down the side of the sofa.

I think Iredtouch is not associated with the manufacturer of the
network resident IR driver that it works with, so I may try suggesting
to the software author that he looks as whether it would be possible to
use his user interface to work with a squeeze unit driving the IR leds.
I guess it all depends on how much functionality is in the IR box.

In principle the harmony unit should do all of this, but my Wife has
given up on it as it is too complex to use, and crestron are out of my
budget.

--
Andy8421