amcluesent;414259 Wrote:
> 1.1 is now a viable alternative to the SBC
After the 1.1 release I can only see three reasons to buy a SBC instead
of a iPod Touch+iPeng:
- You need SBC to configure a Squeezebox Receiver
- You want to be able to easily control it with a single hand
- You want to be able to do a lot of configuration through the remote

In every other aspect iPeng is IMHO better than SBC and with a iPod
Touch/iPhone you also get a portable music player.

The only thing I'm missing currently is a way to launch mixers and
track information from the Now Playing screen, but as far as I've
understood that will be part of a future iPeng release.

This might sound bad for Logitech but I think iPeng 1.1 also will have
some positive effects for Logitech:
- It will make more interesting for third party plugins to support SBC
since this also makes them available in iPeng, at least this is the
case for me personally.
- It will make the Squeezebox products more attractive since the iPeng
interface looks a lot nicer during a demonstration than the SBC
interface.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) 'My download page'
(http://erland.isaksson.info/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))