pippin;414224 Wrote:

> It certainly helps. Yet it should work without it as well, just take
> 2-3 seconds to open up a server connection.
>
> This should not have worked in 1.0 but only with the plugin.
> The grey image is part of the application.
> TECHNICALLY, the app, as you see it in iTunes, is just a zipped folder
> containing, among other things, the bitmaps used. I have no idea,
> whether you can just change these or if that will break the code
> signature. So if you try, always keep a copy of the original file.

Thanks for your other answers, looking forward to 1.2. I'll contact
ismitho about Lyrics.

Even maintaining the connection, I don't have hardware button control
without a full wake up, even if I wait several seconds on the lock
screen. Jailbroken iphone if that matters, but don't think I've done
anything to those buttons anywhere else.

By 1.0, I meant the immediately previous version to the current 1.1,
which required the plugin and SC 7.3, was that 1.01? Anyway, before
yesterdays iPeng update, just yesterday, I changed cover.png in the
Default skin HTML, and this image also showed up in iPeng Now Playing,
which was nice, it looked so good on the iPhone screen.

Rather than going in and trying to change an iPhone app (I would have
no idea how) would it be possible in future versions that instead of
using a bitmap in the app, that iPeng could call on cover.png in the
Default skin, which it seems to have done until the recent update? I
guess cache this image locally? Maybe use this for the thumbnail view
too, though I really only care about the Now Playing screen. That was
fun for a day. Silly little thing, I know.

And if I did start messing around and broke the app, wouldn't I just be
able to download it again? If I changed the app found in iTunes, would
it update to the iPhone? So much I don't know. I know just enough to
start trying to do something I have no clue about and break it. Perhaps
best if I left it alone.

--
bephillips

More than 40,296 songs on 2,789 albums by 2,126 artists.

Mostly flac, some mp3 and aac.

Version: 7.3.3 - 24799 @ Thu Jan 29 03:01:48 PST 2009
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33) - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: ppc
Perl Version: 5.8.8 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-standard
On a 1.2GHz G4 Mac iBook with 768MB RAM

http://db.etree.org/bephillips
http://www.last.fm/user/bephillips