michel;414161 Wrote:
> I run a pentium dual core E2160 XP server with 2GB RAM. I usually do not
> have performance problems. Searching via browser is very quick, no
> interrupted play.
>
> btw thank you for this wonderful app!

Hm, that's weired indeed. Are you transcoding or something?

bephillips;414178 Wrote:
> Great work Pippin! I ended up staying up late last night playing with
> the new version. That problem with volume due to IR Blaster settings
> was weird, thanks for sorting that out. Website is looking nicer too.

So did you get that fixed? Good.

> Regarding the undocumented feature (love it!), you mention above that
> just turning on the screen should be enough to make the hardware
> buttons work, but I find that I have to fully wake up the iPhone for
> them to work. Maybe I need to activate "Keep connection active" (this
> just occurred to me)?

It certainly helps. Yet it should work without it as well, just take
2-3 seconds to open up a server connection.

> I don't see where to access the Lyrics plugin is. I remember this was
> available from the track info page of the ipeng Safari skin. I don't
> see it under Extras, which is where one finds it in the Browser UI.

It doesn't work.
Please contact the author (lsmitho). He promised me to add a CLI
feature almost a year ago.
The problem is: Lyrics either works as a traditional web plugin, which
is only available in the browser, or as a LUA plugin for the
controller, which doesn't work for iPeng since LUA violates Apple's
license agreement.
Lyrics does not provide normal SqueezePlay menus as of now.

> No access to track info from the playlist view yet? This is where it
> would be most useful to me. Looking ahead in the current random or
> dynamic playlist and editing, or adding adjoining songs from the same
> album/live recording as one of the random tracks.

1.2

> Another minor problem I'm sure you can help me with. I want to change
> out the generic grayscale cover art image for something more colorful,
> since I see it all the time in my large collection of unreleased live
> recordings. See this thread:
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=62228
>
> In iPeng 1.0, replacing cover.png in the Browser UI Default skin HTML
> also changed the generic image in iPeng Now Playing, though not in the
> thumbnail cover art views. I had been meaning to ask you where that
> thumbnail image was located to change it too, but now with iPeng 1.1,
> the Now Playing generic cover art image is not responding to my change
> of cover.png in Default skin. Where are the two images iPeng uses for
> generic cover art located so that I can change them out?

This should not have worked in 1.0 but only with the plugin.
The grey image is part of the application.
TECHNICALLY, the app, as you see it in iTunes, is just a zipped folder
containing, among other things, the bitmaps used. I have no idea,
whether you can just change these or if that will break the code
signature. So if you try, always keep a copy of the original file.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com