86atc250r;424949 Wrote:
> Rhapsody works for me *most* of the time.   Occasionally it's a bit
> goofy.
>
> However, it's that way in their own client too.
>
> Can't expect Slim to compensate for all of Rhapsody's shortcomings.
>
> As a software/hardware developer, how much time can you afford to
> dedicate to fighting ghosts - inconsistent, non-repeatable, undocumented
> problems that may or may not clear up or change tomorrow.   How bloated
> and convoluted do you allow your code become trying to deal with issues
> you have no control over?
>
> You can certainly try your best, but when the server throws you curve
> balls and unexpected, unreliable, and inconsistent results - there's
> only so much you can do.

You can write code defensively or you can write it optimistically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_programming

Since neither of us has probably taken time to read through the code,
we can't make strong assertions about how much effort has been put into
programming the cases that shouldn't occur compared to the expected
cases.

Best regards,

--
dsdreamer