My point here is that Logitech should be doing more, and on two fronts:

#1 - More robust code: 80%-90% of the time I can manually correct the
playback issues by pressing rewind, or pause/play, etc. depending on
which failure mode has occurred.  If I can do it manually, the SC
software can do it too.  We just need more robustly written error
handling routines.  Of course it would be preferred to not burden SC
code with this, but the reality is that Rhapsody's service requires it.
And bottom line, I can't with clear conscience recommend a Squeezebox &
Rhapsody combo to a non-technophile given its track record of
reliability (or lack thereof.)  Which brings me to point #2...

#2 - Bang some heads together at Rhapsody: It's seems Rhapsody doesn't
really care about (or isn't responsive to) the end consumer.  There are
threads all over these forums, the Sonos forums, and Rhapsody forums
complaining about reliability, and they've been on-going for well over a
year.  The big-wigs at Logitech need to be taking this issue to their
business partners at Rhapsody.  It makes everyone look bad when it
doesn't work.  Although I wonder if this is just such a miniscule
portion of Rhapsody's customer base that they don't care?

Subscription based music is a huge selling point for Squeezebox.  It
needs to work.

--
ajkidle