jimmyb;425977 Wrote:
> Hello
> Not sure if I'm posting to the correct forum but I'll push on
> clumsily....
>
> I was thinking of purchasing a livedrive account (www.livedrive.com)
> for storage of my data (including music) in the "cloud" as opposed to
> locally.

Where is the avantage to have your music in the cloud and to access it
thru the SC? You still need the SC PC.

As a backup - OK, as the only place to store my data - NO!

> 1) After installing the livedrive software, your storage appears as a
> local drive on your pc (Windows only for now I think) so could I use
> this with Squeezecentre by setting the music folder on my livedrive
> "drive" as my Squeezecentre library?

I would say yes.

> 2) If (1) is true then surely I can store my music in flac format and
> still stream it from the cloud (unlike mp3tunes which does not support
> flac). Assuming my internet connection is fast enough, of course.

And the company server do provide the data in a reliable and continuous
stream. Just have a look at the people which do have problems with the
lokal network and streaming FLAC.

My 2 cent

--
jo-wie

SB Classic, SC 7.3.3 auf GigaByte STA/C mit VIA C7 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 250 GB
2,5" HD, Ubuntu Desktop 8.04

last.fm/user/jo-wie