toby10;426131 Wrote:
> In that case your "backup" would be the original files on your computer.
> Their server could go down, data can get corrupted, they may go out of
> business, who knows.... but I would have duplicates of any such files
> and data regardless of where it is stored.
>
> They have already partnered with MP3Tunes to do exactly what you wish
> but in a simpler format and designed specifically for music and live
> streaming.
>
> Try streaming a music file from your online data storage to any device
> or server program to test it yourself.   :)

Point taken but they store multiple duplicates for you across different
sites. You could take duplicates yourself but your duplicates might fail
or be stolen or..... How far do you want to take it? Are you gonna
backup your backup of your backup.......? :)

I know they've teamed up with MP3Tunes but I've got lots of different
types of things to store (videos, photos etc) so Mp3Tunes doesn't really
fit my needs.

--
jimmyb