jimmyb;426123 Wrote:
> Thanks for the response jo-wie.
>
> The advantages of storing everything in the cloud are many. I don't
> need to bother with backups (buying backup devices, the hassle of doing
> the backup, the electricity etc). I can access my data from any internet
> enabled device, from anywhere in the world. I can share things with
> other people easily without having to send email attachments. I can
> store my contacts in one central accessible place (rather than having
> multiple contact lists across different email accounts and on my
> mobile), etc. But I guess these things aren't important to everyone.
>
> I take your point about the continuous, reliable datastream. Difficult
> to know this without trying it out.
>
> I'd still be interested to hear if Logitech have considered partnering
> with livedrive.

In that case your "backup" would be the original files on your
computer.  Their server could go down, data can get corrupted, they may
go out of business, who knows.... but I would have duplicates of any
such files and data regardless of where it is stored.

They have already partnered with MP3Tunes to do exactly what you wish
but in a simpler format and designed specifically for music and live
streaming.

Try streaming a music file from your online data storage to any device
or server program to test it yourself.   :)

--
toby10