jasondunn;428056 Wrote:
> It's definitely not conflicting IPs - there are a lot of IPs in the
> pool, and no conflict according to the router. Besides, if it was
> conflicting IPs, I'd have trouble with the initial connect - that works,
> it just drops off at random after the first successful initial
> connection.
>
> Other networks around me? Yup, you bet. I live in the suburbs - there
> are five other networks that my laptop can see. But who doesn't have
> that problem? Logitech can't have designed this for use out on a farm
> where there are no other networks around...

Yes, and I have 8 networks around me.  :)
But this is where you may be getting interference or ch overlap.  If
your network is sharing a ch with a close by network these signals can
interfere with each other.  If both networks are on the default ch 6,
you change yours to ch 11, you could see as much as a 30% gain in signal
strength.

EDIT:  Ah, I see you tried changing ch's and seems to have improved a
bit.  *fingers crossed for you*
This is why I've been harping on possible WiFi interference issues and
other nearby networks.   :)

What is odd about your problem is that the historical, more common WiFi
problem when using the Duet seems reversed on your setup.  Most seem to
have WiFi issues with the Controller (connection, re-connection) not the
receiver/player.  This is why I suspect some sort of interference.  I
assume both devices are used near each other and the SBC works great
while the SBR has issues.  So what's the difference?  Placement.
Possibly your SBR is getting lots of interference from other devices in
your AV rack?

Maybe try temporarily moving the SBR further away from your other
stereo components to see if that helps it stay connected?

I dunno, just throwing out ideas for ya.   :)

--
toby10