Hm, my idea seems not to work - at least for now.

Here's the thing: I'm pretty new to this Squeezebox game. Before that I
had (and still have) a Terratec Noxon and was playing music which was
coming from my Qnap NAS via uPnP. Now I've bought a Duet set and I was
playing around with the different options I have now.

The idea was to play music coming from the Squeezecenter through the
mp3 stream on the Noxon. So far, so good: my Noxon system shows up on
the controler as a Windows Media Device in the player list. I can even
synchronize it with other players. And that works, too.

Of course, as explained already in the above posts, as soon as the
receiver comes into play, sync doesn't work as smoothly anymore.

So my idea was this: I wanted to hook up all music playing devices via
the MP3 stream and synchronize it with the controller. Although hardware
synced with MP3 sreams remaines silent, the songs still play on the
streams and I can controll the playlists via the controller. Also, I
won't mind that no sound comes from the controller as it should stay
mute anyway.

The problem is the receiver in the living room. I was hoping that I
could get it hooked up to the stream as well, somehow. Indeed, I was
able to add the stream.mp3 as a Favorit to the receiver's list and it
connects alright. But there is no sound coming from the receiver. And it
won't show up on the player list either so I can't sync it with anything
else.

So unfortunately, it's not working the way I wanted it to work. I tried
to be smart about it, but the Squeezebox is smarter, it seems ;)

I'll toy around with the idea a little bit longer, unless you guys tell
me right there and now that it's a lost cause...

--
gNNY