I'd like to hop into this thread a bit.

I have a Duet setup now and am very happy with it.  Somebody I know is
building a new home and asked me about his proposed whole-home audio
system.  It's using one of those controller units, home run speakers,
central amp, etc., and "dumb" keypads.  The cost = $8,500.  Wow.

I think my setup, or a setup that uses a receiver + the iPeng app,
works better in that it's interactive.  He's interested in doing this.
He'd have a dedicated receiver for each zone - 8 zones in all.  They
will have gigabit wired ethernet to each receiver.  Since the receivers
feed independent zones, each they'll all be located by one another.

I know Sonos is out there and brags about their player synchronization.

So, how reliable and well do the SB receivers or Duet receivers sync?

--
kpfeif