funkstar;435264 Wrote:
> What would be the advantage of having such an expensive and cutting edge
> screen in a device like this? One in a mobile phone I could
> understand....

There not supposed to be very expensive... and not so cutting edge... I
"think" that there were actually invented about 10 years ago by Kodak.
AMOLED screens are clear and the pixels are faster and brighter than the
current generation LCDs. The screens are very thin which allow
manufacturer to make smaller (thinner) devices or to use the available
extra space to add more circuits boards. In other words, AMOLED screen
are the wave of the future... so why not have it on the next generation
SB products?

funkstar;435264 Wrote:

> A little bit more weight and a rubbe bottom should be enough. the SB3
> isn't designed to be touched, so has no requirment to remain in place
> when you do.
>
> Not all touch screens need pressure. There are two main types of
> technology: Resistive and capacitive. Resistive ones need pressure,
> capacitive screen sense the finger on the screen instead, so you don't
> need to press hard. Although both technologies have their pros and cons.

I understand the technology behind the screens, the issue is that the
"natural-instintive" way to interface with touch screen is to apply
pressure on them. But... I guess I can get used to not trying to push my
index finger to the other side of the screen.

--
tamanaco