erland;435492 Wrote:
> As a beta tester of the Boom and the Controller (not the Duet) I've got
> a feeling Logitech chooses the beta testers among:
> - People they know personally
> - People that participate as beta testers of the free Squeezebox Server
> (SqueezeCenter) software by posting critique/suggestions in the "beta"
> forum section and posting bug reports.
> - Plugin developers which they feel have a potential to enhance the new
> product even further.
>
> Anyway, I'm pretty sure you don't get to be a beta tester because you
> request/ask to be one, you got to do something that makes Logitech
> thinks you will be a good beta tester. The phrase, "don't call us, we
> will call you" comes to mind.
>
> I've no idea if the selection process has changed after the Boom beta
> testing program.

I would expect Logitech to at least view you as potential to enhance
the product and to beta test their stuff but judging from your post I
guess I'm wrong.

My squeezebox experience is very low without Custom Browse. I mean all
people have albums but also a lot of separate tracks. With the default
SB method one can only browse all artists in the database polluting the
Artist list in such a way that it becomes unusable.

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter & SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, Ubuntu NAS + SC, Denon PMA-1500AE + DacMagic + Monitor
Audio Silver RS8 = :-)