mherger;438093 Wrote:
> > [09-07-02 19:00:35.6879] Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE::parse (167)
> > Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE: [\\Musikmaskinen\Elements
> > (I)\MP3\Min musik\Artister\Marvin Gaye\What's Going On [Deluxe
> Edition]
> > (1971)\Marvin Gaye - What's Going On  Deluxe Edition  (Disc-1).flac]
> on
> > disk! Skipping!
>
> Is this just a bad CUE sheet or are you indeed accessing your local
> files
> using an UNC path? What's your audiodir set to?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Yes, the cue sheet was bad. I had changed the name of the files without
editing the cue sheets. I have corrected that now and a scan for new or
changed music picked the album up correctly.

And yes, I use unc paths for local discs. My music directory in SC is
set to \\Musikmaskinen\Elements (I)\MP3\Min musik. In the referenced
folder (on an usb 2.0 disc) there are folders containing the bulk of my
music files AND a short cut with the unc path "\\Musikmaskinen\Musik
(H)\Mina CD (Flac)" pointing to an internal disc (IDE, I think) where
some additional music files (flac) are stored.

The paths were that way also when I did the penultimate wipe and rescan
which took 6-8 hours, instead of 18 hours for the last one.

The reason for using unc paths is that I had trouble with muso,
http://klarita.net/forum/index.php?topic=175.0. I think the issue has
been addressed now.

Could using unc paths slow things down in SC?

--
vagskal