Personally, I think that the area that could use some work is the
ripping software.  I'm not a big fan of (and I'm sure a lot of others
here aren't either) things "automagically" happening in the background
when ripping CDs, especially when it comes to tagging.  When I rip
discs, 9 times out of 10 I have to tweak something - genre, song titles,
etc.

Here's is something worth striving for IMHO from the dbpoweramp guys:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ripnas-manual.htm

Now that I look at it closer, it doesn't give you the opportunity for
tag editing prior to rip either.  But given their setup, it doesn't look
like it would to hard to add.

They are also not solely relying on freedb, which is pretty awful in my
experience.  The data retrieved by AMG using dbpoweramp is awesome in my
experience.  Yes, it's not free, but to me it was well worth $10 or
whatever it cost for 1 full year of access.

If the functionality that they've provided via the WHS addin could be
done with a web page on Vortext, that would be really friggin' cool!

Now that you've got the nuts and bolts going in the low level stuff, it
might be good to start spiffying up the presentation.  Maybe people
would even be willing to pay for some of the extra funtionality.  I
eventualy got there between EAC and dbpoweramp.

All IMHO of course.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 3 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 27,462 songs, 2,276 albums, 434 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior