benthos;441640 Wrote:
> I know what you mean, but I experienced the same problem often before
> getting the Readynas.  I was using a 2.2 ghz laptop.  I'm convinced the
> problem is software-based.

I use FLAC for 95% of my music collection, and I use a wireless
connection for the link to the SB3 client.  I get 100% solid
performance, and have never seen a rebuffering message on FLAC playback
(occasionally with internet radio, but that is understandable).

This is not to say you aren't having problems, because clearly you are,
but I can also assert that under different conditions 7.3.3 can perform
flawlessly. I have noticed an increased number of rebuffering complaints
in these forums, though, so we have to entertain the possibility that
something is going on.

* Although your connection is wired, it may still be worth doing some
throughput tests from the SB3 client (Settings ==> Information ==>
Network test.)   A bad router could still screw up a wired connection.

* Try swapping out for a different server hardware, even though you
don't suspect the ReadyNas. Having a fresh install on different hardware
would eliminate quite a number of variables.

* Try a factory reset of the SB3 in question.

* Try using software clients (Squeezeplay, Squeezeslave, Softsqueeze)
instead of hardware ones just to eliminate the SB3 as a source of
trouble.

If you would do all the above, you would have eliminated in turn the
source, the connection and the client and I am quite convinced that one
of these will cause the problem to vanish.  If so,  you will know a
great deal more about where to look to finally solve the issue.

--
dsdreamer