I've had rebuffering issues of late as well, but have managed to fix
them.  I was tempted to blame the 7.3.x upgrades, but turns out it's
been a combination of other factors.

First, I've been slowly building my FLAC collection, with new music as
well as reripping some CDs to FLAC.  The rebuffering issues invariably
arose when playing FLAC tracks.  Problems likely would have popped up
earlier for me had I not been playing mostly mp3s until recently.

Second, I bought a new, larger LCD TV earlier this year.  The SB3 and
router that I have next to it (and was next to the old set) started
having the rebuffering problems not long after I replaced the TV.  I
didn't connect the dots at first (for some reason everything worked fine
for a week or two, but maybe I wasn't playing the SB3 much during that
time...new toy and all), but I finally switched from a wireless
connection to a wired one and fixed that problem.  Must have been
interference from the new set.

Third, the SBR in my billiards room developed the same problem a few
weeks later.  Hooked it up to a powerline adapter (which the PC hosting
SC is now on since I discovered the issue with the TV), and that didn't
fix the problem.  Replaced it with a spare SB3...still had issues.
Finally checked the throughput on the powerline adapter and realized it
was worse than a good wireless connection.  Finally moved the SB3 to the
other side of the bar where it has a clear line of sight to the router
(which I'd moved from behind the TV to a shelf I built over it when
trying to fix Problem #2).  Problem solved.

I guess the moral to the story is that even after months of faithful
service, something new gets entered into the mix and can screw up what
has been a reliable network.  I've had other issues pop up, too...my
wife's treadmill will draw so much power it makes my powerline adapters
worthless when it comes to streaming music, new devices added to the
network has messed it up, etc.

My advice to anyone experiencing these issues is to explore EVERY
possible source of network problem before blaming the software.  I have
umpteen examples of that being the case for me.

--
GeeJay