I know this forum has been to mars and back in discussing this issue and
there seems to still be those folks that are absolutists about the idea
of copyright infringement laws.

to me, that argument is way too simple.

we live in a time of rapidly evaporating copyright truths. the internet
revolution right or wrong has created the idea that virtually everything
should be available for free or darn near free. To some of us folks who
put up with $11.99 records before they became a niche market item and
then $18.99 cds when the record companies started to see that their
profits were going up in smoke due to the internet, the revolution has
been a wonderful breath of fresh air in a formally greed oriented
business.

so now the question becomes how do we properly compensate the artists
for making this fantastic music? currently, it looks like the purchasing
of recorded music tracks will become secondary or even tertiary to live
concerts and merchandising.

so my advice for the folks who are hung up on the minutia of copyright
issues is to go see live music-pay a fair price for that ticket and then
buy a t-shirt, poster, or other band related trinket. that's how you can
pay that artist back for getting the music on amazon for cheap or for
free online or through a hard drive swap with a friend or any other
combination of ways that many folks like myself are getting their
digital files.

--
exile