A point to watch out for is the speed of the devices. There are two
"standards" - 200 (sometimes called AV), and a slower 85 (often called
turbo).

I understand both types can co-exist on a "mains network", but an 85
will only see other 85 devices, and a 200AV other 200AV devices (so you
could have two independent networks going . . .).

The faster standard works ok for video (YMMV!!) so there seems little
point in going for the slower speed unless you absolutely know for sure
you'll never need it! Both work fine for audio BTW.

I do LP rips onto a Macbook and then transfer the wav files to a
desktop for editing and on to the server, so a fast a network as
possible is very desireable to avoid long file transfer times, so I went
for the AV devices after proving the concept with a couple of slower,
cheaper units that I found going for silly prices at Maplins.

Bob

--
morris_minor

Living Room: Transporter
Study: Receiver
Kitchen: Boom
Son's Bedroom: Classic
iPeng on an iPhone, 2 x Controllers
Server: TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3i SC 7.2.1 - 23630
- - - -
http://www.last.fm/user/morris_minor_1