You can get a longer run of cable if you switch to 10bT, and longer yet
with co-ax. These are based on the "length" of a packet running over
wire (so, yeah, physics).
(I live in a cohousing community. We put in wire conduits between the
houses when we built to have shared networking, voip intercom, etc.
Distances were too long for 100TX, but fine with 10bT.)
If you don't have managed switches (doesn't sound like you do) you can
just put a 10bT hub or switch at one end or the other and the other
switch will auto-negotiate to 10.
You can also put an in line weatherproof POE switch in the middle.

That said, for your application I wouldn't bother with wires. Get a b/g
access point (or better yet, a dd-wrt or tomato compatible router,
install that open source freeware and put the router into repeater
mode).
Then... you need a directional antenna. They're pretty cheap.
For your distance, I'd go with a yagi like 'this one'
(http://www.fab-corp.com/home.php?cat=258) - about $35
Or you could go with a panel antenna in an outdoor enclosure, put an
access point board in it and just run ethernet to it from your current
router (so just enough ethernet to get the thing to the side of your
house facing your pool house.

Have you even -tried- an n router with your current setup? You may find
that it gives you enough add'l range as-is. Having a G device on N isn't
like having a B device on B/G - it isn't going to slow everything down.

--
bobkoure