bobm;470884 Wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I am confused about the popularity of the Squeezebox.  I see so many
> intelligent media center NAS’s being advertized which claim to stream
> video and audio to your home stereo.  Why/how is the Squeezebox
> different?   For example, Linksys has two products, the media hub and
> wireless audio device (see links below).
>
> Will the Squeezebox offer video support in the future?  What am I
> missing?  Thanks  Bob
>
> http://www.shoplinksys.com/Media-Hub-Storage_stcVVcatId543892VVviewcat.htm
>
> http://www.shoplinksys.com/Home-Audio-Devices_stcVVcatId544640VVviewcat.htm

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Logitech doesn't talk about future
products so for now the answer to video support is no.

Sure there are other products that stream audio, stream video, and that
stream both. For me it comes down to how much does one want to spend and
what one wants it to do for the money. I think Squeezebox excels in
price for performance. It only does audio and does it well. Especially
if one needs more then one room and more then one type of player.

If one is just getting into streaming, I highly recommend taking a step
back to see what one actually wants to end up with, then look at all the
available quality possibilities. In my opinion, an off the shelf NAS is
to be avoided at all costs. They are way over priced and are lacking in
performance for what one can buy at half the price in a proper PC
selection (whether Desktop, Nano, or Eco). Going with WHS if one just
has to have an all in one box is better then going with any NAS IMO
(especially if ones music collection is large). Been there done that. My
collection out grew both a ReadyNAS NV+ and a Thecus N5200Pro.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom