bobm;470884 Wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I am confused about the popularity of the Squeezebox.  I see so many
> intelligent media center NAS’s being advertized which claim to stream
> video and audio to your home stereo.  Why/how is the Squeezebox
> different?   For example, Linksys has two products, the media hub and
> wireless audio device (see links below).
>
> Will the Squeezebox offer video support in the future?  What am I
> missing?  Thanks  Bob
>
> http://www.shoplinksys.com/Media-Hub-Storage_stcVVcatId543892VVviewcat.htm
>
> http://www.shoplinksys.com/Home-Audio-Devices_stcVVcatId544640VVviewcat.htm

the appeal to anyone is based on the individual.  in my case, the HQ
hardware that excelled at sound reproduction, via a stereo.  a second
and almost as important consideration for me was the ability to listen
without a computer on.

another difference between SB and the products you mention is the focus
on audio handling and services.  how your music is presented and
manipulated, and/or using 3rd party servics like pandora.

chances are future SBS development will include DLNA/upnp [soon] and
video [later] but the orig idea of the SB was to focus on perfect audio
to multiple clients via one server.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - w/sc 7.3.4b - win xp pro
sp3 ie8 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655