vagskal;471178 Wrote:
> I do not have a Genres=>All Albums option; the first screen when tapping
> Genres, the screen that lists all the genres, does not have an All
> Albums option. And if I choose Genres=><a genre>, Acid Jazz, for
> example, and then All Albums I get a list of _all_ albums by _all_
> artists, sorted by artist, not just albums with songs that have the
> genre Acid Jazz set and not just albums for the two artists in my
> collection that have performed songs with the genre Acid Jazz set.
>
> In SBS, I have set the option Filter genre on album and song level to
> Show all albums and songs for an artist (my own English translation of
> the option).
>
> Since I do not care much for applying genres to my music or browse by
> genres, it is not a big issue for me, but, just like Sune and in
> accordance with your reply, I doubt that this is the intended behaviour.
> Am I doing something wrong?

Well, let's say: something's wrong. This is not the intended behavior
and it's not what I see. I will have to experiment with this. Could you
check whether flushing the cache solves it?

sflen;471207 Wrote:

> I do not recall the order when I first used 1.2 but it was probably the
> same as now. I do remember that first I took Master Bedroom off sync
> using iPeng and then was surprised that I did not have the option to put
> it back in sync with combined 'Living Room, Kitchen'. Instead I just
> tapped Kitchen and all 3 devices were then in sync. These were my only
> sync changes using iPeng. This is when my problem of losing the sound of
> my Master Bedroom SqueezeBox Classic (after turning off Kitchen
> SqueezeBox Classic) first appeared.

I don't understand this one. Did you maybe use a plugin like The
Synchronizer or something to sync the devices? Or did you move them
between MySqueezebox.com and your server (there's an SC bug that
sometimes syncs devices if you do that)?

In iPeng you usually sync devices through Drag'n'Drop (by dragging one
on the other or a group) or by selecting the device and selecting the
"sync" button. Both in the "Edit" mode on the players screen (activated
on that screen through the button in the top right).

> I am aware of several weird problems which depend on the sequence of
> turning on and off synced devices on 7.3.X.  This is probably one more
> bug that shows in 7.4.

If your players are off and you torn on a single one of these, the
selected one will become master. That's the only behavior I am aware
of.

> I know you are working on a manual (hurry, hurry) which would make
> things easier.

Definitely. Have to return from Scotland, first.

> For instance, what is the function of the large up/down arrow buttons
> which show on each device on the device list? I tap them, I tap and
> hold, but nothing happens. They appear on those devices that have set
> volume. My only device that has adjustable volume is the Master Bedroom
> and a volume control appears on that device instead of the up/down large
> arrows.

That's a bug and will be fixed in 1.2.1. The up/down buttons should
only appear on devices using IRBlaster and there they do volume.

BigTony;471257 Wrote:
> Ah ... humbug!!! Thanks for letting me know that, i don't use itunes so
> i've not updated my itouch; i suppose i need itunes for the update?

Yes.

--
pippin

---