sflen;471337 Wrote:
> OK...background:
>
> Snow Leopard 10.6.1, iPod Touch 3.1.1, iPeng 1.2, SqueezeCenter 7.4
>
> 4 Slim Devices - 1 Transporter and 3 SqueezeBox Classics. 3 of these
> are always in sync and have been for the past 6 months: Master Bedroom
> SqueezeBox, Living Room Transporter, Kitchen SqueezeBox. These three
> devices were put in sync by using Local 9000 on my iMac. All three
> devices were 'on'.
>
> On iPeng, I went to device list and pushed the edit button top right
> corner. I then selected 'Master Bedroom', a red circle with checkmark
> appeared, and then I pushed the 'un-sync' button on the bottom of the
> screen.
>
> (what follows is by memory as I do not wish to cause the sound problem
> again) Master Bedroom was no longer synced. Living Room and Kitchen were
> still in sync.
>
> I then selected Master Bedroom and then selected Kitchen. I then pushed
> the 'sync' button on the bottom of the screen and now all three devices
> were again in sync.
>
> Later I turned the Kitchen SqueezeBox off using my Squeeze remote in
> the kitchen. That caused the sound in the Master bedroom to go off in
> about 5 minutes but the Master Bedroom was still showing the song that
> was playing.
>
> I then turned the Master Bedroom off using the Squeeze remote. I pushed
> the Play button on the Squeeze remote and I had sound again. I did the
> experiment of turning off the Kitchen 3 times and 3 times I lost the
> sound in theMaster Bedroom.
>
> I went to Local 9000 and un-synced everything and then synced the
> Master Bedroom to the Living Room. Then I synced the Kitchen to the
> combination 'Master Bedroom, Living Room'. Now when I turn off Kitchen,
> I do not lose the sound of the Master bedroom.
>
> I think the problem was caused by NOT giving me the option to sync my
> Master Bedroom with the combination 'Living Room, Kitchen' which were
> already in sync - I had to choose EITHER the Living Room OR the Kitchen
> because that is what your program offered. This probably interacted
> badly with the SqueezeCenter software.
>
> As I stated before, this is just to let you know of the problem or to
> give a heads-up to any user with multiple synced devices who
> mysteriously loses sound. As I leave these three devices always synced,
> I can always use my computer to change this.
>
> I hope this makes sense as I cannot write anymore!
>
> Regards

OK, now I understand what you did :-)
just selecting single players out of a sync group to sync doesn't make
a difference, you always sync with the master.

Just to be sure: Did you probably use the main (big) power button to
turn the power off? That would turn off _all_ devices unless you disable
group control in iPeng's settings?
Or do you have set a "synced power" in SqueezeCenter's settings for
some of your devices?

vagskal;471456 Wrote:
> Cache flushed, but the behaviour persists.

Ok, this looks very, very wrong indeed. I'll investigate when I'm home.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com