WustrowO;471249 Wrote:
> But did you ever fill in a bug report for your DVD player or similar
> devices?

Have you ever tried to call tech support for your DVD player?  If it
even exists, I'm sure it would be even slower than Logitech support at
the moment.

In general, support is where companies have cut costs over the last 10
years or so.  Where I used to work, we provided free support
(configuration and application development) for all of our products.
Sadly, this was eventually replaced with a fee based service and a web
site.  A lot of effort was put in place to ensure that the web site had
lots of information to allow folks to solve their own problems, but if
you didn't find what you needed or didn't have the time to scour the
website, you had to pull out your credit card.

It is actually empowering that you can submit your own bug reports
here.  Ever find a bug in your DVD player that was fixed based on a
report you submitted?  That will NEVER happen.  However, it's happened
to me at least 2 times here.

Sure, it isn't the ideal sitation, but it certainly could be much
worse.  Imagine if you couldn't submit a bug report or the forums here
weren't as helpful as they are (both from Logitech employees and users)?
That would really be a miserable situation.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 3 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 27,698 songs, 2,304 albums, 439 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior
Looking forward to new Porcupine Tree, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, and
The Beatles Box set.  September will be an expensive month :-)