Siduhe;473098 Wrote:
> We've had something similar in the EU (not quite so explicit but the
> intended effect is the same) for some time, care of the Unfair
> Commercial Practices Directive.  It contains a general ban on unfair or
> misleading advertising practices including falsely or misleading
> representing that your only connection to a company is as a consumer.
>
> In the UK the Directive is enacted by the Consumer Protection from
> Unfair Trading Regulations and includes a specific prohibition on
> "misleading conduct" which is theoretically wide enough to include
> failing to mention that you have received a free piece of hardware from
> a company.
>
> However, there is also de minimis requirement i.e. the behaviour must
> be likely materially to distort or be likely to materially distort the
> average consumer's economic behaviour.
>
> A more sensible way to approach things IMHO.

Yes I'm familiar with that legislation and provided I continue to post
on this forum alone it has no relevance, because by definition I cannot

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio