Goodsounds;473295 Wrote:
> If participants got software to keep for no payment, then that is free,
> isn't it? Did they also say it was non-taxable?
>
> If I understand you, are you thinking about the fact that hardware
> can't be tested unless it is provided? That's right. What would make it
> taxable is that the tester can keep it.
>
> If the testers sign paperwork beyond a non-disclosure agreement, it
> might mention that they receive the unit in return for testing. Or maybe
> no mention is made.
>
> Perhaps one of the Radio or Touch program participants could comment?

Yes it was definitely free; I'm not sure why I quoted it. I don't
recall exactly what they said; I think it was along the lines that if it
was below $600 for the year it didn't need to be reported for taxes. I
suspect they weren't clear on that meaning that THEY didn't need to
report it versus what I was suppose to do. They were definitely tracking
the value of the software and whether or not my total for the year had
exceeded $600.

--
jdoering