Phil Leigh;483058 Wrote:
> RG is just a tag and doesn't change the audio data in your files.
> RG simply causes the Classic to reduce the volume via its 24-bit level
> control (which is very good quality by the way).
>
> When using RG, you MUST have the digital level set to maximum.
> RG will reduce the level by -10dB or less.
>
> The reason your music sounds less good is either:
>
> 1) it is just quieter and quieter ALWAYS sounds less clear and bright
> or
> 2) You have the digital level a lot less than max and so the total
> reduction in level is too great, eating into the SNR/dynamic range of
> the music

Hi Phil!
The digital level IS fixed to maximum level. Of course I adjusted the
volume control of my amplifier when applying the RG. The question is HOW
SB reduces the level. Is is just a digial lowering of the output level
or happens more, let's say some sort of compression or reducing the
dynamic range. I will go into further tests next days...

Stefan

--
stefanta650