Phil Leigh;483163 Wrote:
> Yes sorry that was a mistake - what I should have said was, when using
> RG you shouldn't also have lots of digital level reduction. Otherwise
> you may be straying into the low-SNR realm. I reckon that RG of -10dB
> (which is pretty much the max for very "loud" albums) + -10dB of level
> reduction is probably the safe limit. Even after that it won't sound
> bad...

For people with classical music, it is even important not to set the
volume at 100% to allow for positive gain (which can be used now the
clipping bug is solved). Positive RP is almost always low (the highest I
have seen is +3.5). So I have set the volume to 95%, which seems a save
setting: end result between 82% for ridiculously compressed modern
recordings an 5dB playroom for positive RG.

Teus

--
Teus de Jong