Over on this side of the pond I would recommend using the best cable you
can afford labour costs totally outweigh the cost of the materials.

Using some form of pre-roped ducting is great although knowing some of
the building pratcices I have seen they won't respect that fact that
tight bends are a no-no.

When we had our extension built I had ducting run from the house under
the extension out to my garden office, and being a fibre person I ran
150m of fibre .....future proof...

Since the UK requires building inspections during construction you will
require LSOH cables or plenum cables in walls, or voids.

--
MuckleEck

Alasdair

SB3 -> Linn Majik -> Acoustic Energy Extreme 5 (garden) | SB3 ->
Cambridge Audio 640R -> Morduant Short (TV room) | SB3 -> AudioEngine 2
(bedroom-2) | SB3 -> AudioEngine 2 (kitchen) | SBR -> Musical Fidelity
A1008 -> JR149 (office)| Squeezebox Radio (bedroom) | SBR -> AudioEngine
2 (Bedroom -3) | Boom (bedroom-4) | Two Controllers

Last Fm     http://www.last.fm/user/MuckleEck/