Hi dsdreamer -

First - thanks. I did what you suggested (I think). I ran the netstat -ab's
but don't see anything that might be intefering (but I'm not very good with
interpreting the results). I ran a pre-install and a post-install. I
reviewed all start-up entries but don't see anything unusual. Same with the
installed programs - they look reasonable. I googled a few that I wasn't
familiar with but they seem ok. Could you taka a look at the new info if you
get a chance? You may see something that I don't. I posted to [url]
http://www.scurvydog.us/slimproblem/index.htm (start-ups and installed
programs are at the bottom).
Thanks -
Hutch

 --You have done all the obvious things and them some. My suggestion would
be to work on the theory that some other program has opened a critical port
that SBS needs.
--
--running
 ---Code:

netstat -ab

--from a cmd shell can give you additional clues about what programs are
opening which ports on the machine. I would be interested in how that looks
when all the Squeeze related stuff is uninstalled, and again when installed.
Take a closer a look at any processes that have ports open that you don't
recognize.

I would further suggest running MSCONFIG and running a diagnostic startup
with as few startup items and services running as possible. Does this make
SBS installation possible?

Take a good look at the list of installed programs, are then any additional
security related apps still lurking? (prevx, spybot S&D, etc?) Are there any
resident portions of such programs still lurking after an uninstall
(immunize, tea timer etc)?