JJZolx;502057 Wrote:
> Why can't that be done across the network?  I've edited as many as
> 20,000 files using Mp3tag on my desktop PC, with the files residing on
> my server....

It's possible, but again less elegant than I'd like.  Mp3tag is Windows
only and I've tried the demo version of Jaikoz (as Dave mentions below)
to do just this.  I'll need to revisit Jaikoz but I gave up on it due to
the cost at the time.

Other Mac options are xACT which works a portion of the time (although
output is WAV or AIFF only), and Tag by sbooth which works a fair amount
of the time (latest release is v0.4.1 from 2006).

DaveWr;502058 Wrote:
> I am doing the same thing - using XLD for ripping on the server.  It is
> a universal binary, works very well (supports  accurate RIP ) and has
> basic tag editing.  The creator keeps it very up to date, responsive to
> bugs etc.
>
> You can automate XLD to launch with CD insert, rip and then quit.
>
> I still use Jaikoz from a Macbook to finalize edits to tags, artwork
> etc.
>
> Dave

Looks like we are in the same boat.  I find that Max works better than
XLD and with a lot less typing, but sometimes you end up with files like
what I mention above.  It doesn't do compilation CDs very well.

--
kphinney

-I like it, you may not.  I understand and respect that.-