fphredd;503859 Wrote:
> Sorry...didn't realize I was the bottleneck...
>
> 1. No
> 2. Yes
>
> Now this may be a wrench, so pardon the long windedness following, but
> want to be sure this isn't 'user error'...
>
> I am running SBS on a ReadyNAS Pro.  I am running ACC on a Windows XP
> with SBS installed, but not running. MySQL ODBC driver installed on XP
> machine.  Music on NAS mapped as M:\.  Running ACC by just pointing at
> mapped directories, and 'ignoring' networking setup options in ACC.  Can
> all this be the root of the headaches I'm causing you??

If you don't have the remote server settings configured, ACC will use
the local installation of SBS. Now SBS may not be running but maybe
MySQL is. ACC will then retrieve the data from the local MySQL database
instead of the remote. Considering the huge differences in both album
and track count this seems very likely.

To determine if this is the case try one of the following:
1. deinstall SBS on the local machine. ACC will not be able to retrieve
any data and hence ACC was using the local DB
2. disable MySQL on the machine where ACC is running. ACC will then not
be able to retrieve data and hence was using the local DB
3. Configure remote server settings in ACC. For this however you first
need to modify the my.tt file on the readynas box to allowe remote
access to the database. I don't know how this must be done on a readynas
box as I don't have one. Maybe others users can help here a this
configuration has been used many times.

An easy solution maybe to enable SBS on the local machine, configure it
to scan drive M: and then run ACC against the local DB (ofcourse don't
configure the remote server settings). As a new scan will get the DB up
to date with the readynas DB I don't think you will see any differences
between ACC en SBS on the readynas anymore.

regards,

Frank

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter '_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl) SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SC, Denon
PMA-1500AE + DacMagic + Monitor Audio Silver RS8 = :-)