SilverRS8;503882 Wrote:
> If you don't have the remote server settings configured, ACC will use
> the local installation of SBS. Now SBS may not be running but maybe
> MySQL is. ACC will then retrieve the data from the local MySQL database
> instead of the remote. Considering the huge differences in both album
> and track count this seems very likely.
>

> An easy solution maybe to enable SBS on the local machine, configure it
> to scan drive M: and then run ACC against the local DB (ofcourse don't
> configure the remote server settings). As a new scan will get the DB up
> to date with the readynas DB I don't think you will see any differences
> between ACC en SBS on the readynas anymore.
>
> regards,
>
> Frank

Hi Frank,

Went to the easy solution first, figuring if it works I'm good, no need
for investigation.

New results.

SBS running on local XP accessing ReadyNAS Pro via mapped drive:
Total Tracks: 32,943
Total Albums: 2,592

ACC on same machine accessing mapped drive:
Total albums: 3194    Total tracks: 32005

SBS on ReadyNAS Pro:
2553 albums with 32899 songs by 490 artists

The album total issue is not as big to me as I'm sure it has to do with
the tags on some multiple disc concerts...shouldn't matter on the track
count though so I find it interesting that the two SBS scan figures are
different; subject for another post.  Just for S&G's, going to run a
scan with MediaMonkey , see what that one comes up with...

--
fphredd